General Interconnection Requirements
The following items highlight the general elements of the interconnection process. Please refer to the New Mexico Public Regulation Commission (NMPRC) rules and the Interconnection Manual for detailed requirements needed to submit a complete interconnection application.
- With each application the customer shall include a simple one-line diagram and site diagram of the proposed system.
- the one-line diagram shall identify all major equipment including the utility-lockable generation disconnect device and the point of interconnection
- the site diagram shall show the physical location of the equipment in relation to the property and location of equipment on the exterior wall
- CVE recommends that the customer waits to begin construction until the application is approved. An interconnection agreement must be completed with a cooperative representative within five (5) days of an approved application. The signed originals will be maintained at CVE and copies returned to the customer. After an approved county inspection is completed of the installation, CVE engineers will inspect the interconnection to verify, at a minimum that:
- the facility has been constructed as it is represented in the Interconnection Application and verifying documents
- the anti-islanding protection of the inverter is operational
- proper warning labels are provided
Once all inspections are completed and a certificate of completion is received by the customer, a net meter will be installed by a CVE service crew allowing the renewable energy company to turn on the system and begin parallel operation.
- Interconnection of Generation Facilities up to and Including 10 mega-watts (MW)
- New Mexico Interconnection Manual (to be used in conjunction with Rule 17.9.568)
- Interconnection of Generation Facilities more than 10 MW
- Metering Guidelines for Interconnection Generation Facilities
- Facilities less than 10 MW (must submit a Simplified Interconnection Application)
- Facilities greater than 10 kW and less than 10 MW (must submit a Standard Interconnection Application)
CVE members please contact a CVE Member Services Representative to obtain an interconnection application.